EZEBOX is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. This document is a description of the policies that EZEBOX Pty Ltd and any subsidiary or related entities, (ACN 618 341 067) have adopted to ensure that your personal information is secure and your privacy is protected. This document governs the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this document at any time and for any reason. You should check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of EZEBOX services including the website following any modifications or amendments to this document means that you accept those modifications or amendments.
This document is to be read in conjunction with the EZEBOX Mobile Self Storage Agreement (“the Agreement”) below; it forms part of the legal relationship between you (the Storer) and the Owner/Facility, its employees and any other person entitled to enforce the Agreement.
Your Personal Information:
We need to collect and use your Personal Information to provide you with storage. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, licence number and details, passport number (non-Australian issued) and address. You may choose to not provide the Facility with this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with storage
The Facility is authorised to collect and release your information:
- in the provision of storage to you
- in maintaining your account
- in the event that we need to enforce our agreement with you in any way.
The Facility may disclose any information we have about you including your Personal Information to the following:
- Government departments
- law enforcement agencies, including the police; investigators; any person who can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Facility a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer the Storer’s financial affairs;
- debt collection services
- your Alternate Contact Person;
- agents for any of the above
- Storer Check Pty Ltd (see below).
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We utilise service providers who are located in a number of countries outside Australia, including but not limited to the USA. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities in those countries.
You make the following authorisation regarding your Alternate Contact Person:
- that you have the right to disclose information about them including their Personal Information
- that you will inform them that you have made this disclosure
- that the Facility may use this information as we would
- Personal Information collected about you, the Storer
- that they may access and correct the information held by us in the same manner you, the Storer, may correct your Personal Information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We may share your information with our related entities. We will not share your contact details with third party enterprises, and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Offer ‘First Month Free’
- The offer is only available for new EZEBOX customers and will not be applied retrospectively.
- The offer is valid for storage terms of 6 months or more, paid in advance at the time of booking.
- The offer cannot be combined with other offers.
- The offer is not transferable nor exchangeable for cash.
- The customer accepts the offer ‘as is’.
- EZEBOX reserves the right to terminate or cancel the offer, subject to any applicable laws and regulation.
Storer Check Pty Ltd (‘Storer Check’)
By applying to store with this facility you agree to the following:
- This facility may search the Storer Check data base for information Storer Check may have about you. This facility may choose to refuse you storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with Storer Check
- This facility may release or update any details and personal information they have about you to Storer Check,including but not limited to:
- your name
- your address
- your previous address
- your licence number and details
- your passport number (non-Australian issued)
- your date of birth
- Your details and personal information will be released to Storer Check in the event that you breach your storage agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behaviour including but not limited to:
- Not paying for storage
- Dumping or abandoning goods
- Being chronically late with payments
- Being abusive or threatening to staff members or other store providers
- Police involvement, such as the execution of search warrants against you, this facility or your storage space
- Any other breach of the storage agreement
- This facility may use the information you provide during this application or at any other time to update any listing you have with Storer Check.
If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with this facility.
By applying to store with this facility you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at www.storercheck.com, including this facility’s right to search Storer Check for your details, and to release your information and details to Storer Check in certain circumstances. For further information about Storer Check Pty Ltd go to www.storercheck.com
We keep your information provided to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure and access. We employ physical security such as restricted access to hard files, and other security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where those service may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection.
You may view and correct your Personal Information by:
- giving reasonable notice to the Facility that you wish to view your Personal Information;
- attending at the Facility;
- advising the Facility in writing (email@example.com) that your Personal Information is not correct and provide written corrections.
Pick up terms and conditions
So you receive the best possible service on the day, it is important that we have a clear understanding of what the job will entail. Based on our conversations, we are expecting:
- Everything we will be collecting has been prepared for removal and will be ready to start moving for our expected time of arrival. If you are not ready on time we may not be able to complete the booking as we have other appointments booked in on the day.
- All pick up / re-delivery rates quoted are inclusive of 1 hours onsite time per Ezebox. Additional charges apply for all service types and are charged at the following rates in 1/4hr increments; Ezeload: $199/hr/ or Self load: $149/hr.
- All pick up / re-delivery rates quoted are inclusive of 1 hours travel time. If additional travel time is required, additional charges apply. Charged in 1/4hr increments at the following rates. Eze-unload: $199/hr. Self unload: $149/hr.
- You have no oversized or difficult to move items that need to be taken. If there is something you have forgot to mention please let us know asap – an Ezebox has internal dimensions of 1.5m wide x 2.3m long x 2.0m tall so please ensure everything to be taken will fit inside. If there is something you’ve forgot to mention let us know so we can prepare an alternative solution.
- Typically the contents of a small 1 bedroom or studio apartment will fit into 1 Ezebox, or 2 Ezeboxes for a small 2 bedroom apartment. If you feel there is a chance you may require additional Ezeboxes on the day please let us know and we will ensure that we bring extras should you need them. If you do require additional boxes and you haven’t advised us of this possibility we may not be able to complete your pick up on the same day.
- We will not charge for unused boxes, however additional Ezeboxes used will incur additional charges. All charges are quoted per Ezebox.
- Without knowing the exact measurements of each of your belongings and how these items will be stored inside the Ezebox together, our Customer Service Representative is only able to give an estimate and guide for how many Ezeboxes you require. Any additional Ezeboxes required will incur additional charges payable by you.
- If the access to your property is difficult, please let us know beforehand so we can manage our diary accordingly.
- It is your responsibility to arrange parking for the truck, (generally the equivalent of 2 car spaces are required).
- Redelivery services, (at end of storage period) are available provided 7 days notice is given at the following rates: Self-Unload @ $199 per Ezebox, or Eze-Unload @ $399 per Ezebox – subject to availability. Additional charges apply for redelivery outside of the metropolitan Melbourne area.
- All re-delivery services are inclusive of 1 hours travel time, (1/2hr each way). If additional travel time is required, additional charges apply. Charged in 1/4hr increments at the following rates. Eze-unload: $199/hr. Self unload: $149/hr.
- Ezebox offers discounted pickup services as an incentive to move into storage. There are no discounted offers for redelivery, (at end of storage period) services.
- Ezebox have a minimum storage term of 1 month.
- Discount promotions for self loading apply to customers who require a minimum storage term of 3 months or longer. In addition to any redelivery fees a retrospective charge of $199 per Ezebox will be applied for collection or return prior to the 3 month anniversary of the original pickup date.
- You have no items that we cannot store for safety reasons. The following items CANNOT be put in an Ezebox: Flammable or hazardous goods (e.g. batteries), firearms, munitions or explosives, toxic, polluted or contaminated goods, expandable plastics (e.g. foam mattresses), living plants or animals, food or perishable goods, illegal goods and waste.
- Should you wish to access your Ezebox in the future, we require a minimum of 48 hours notice to arrange access to our warehouse. All access bookings are subject to availability.
- Should you wish to cancel or reschedule your service for any reason, please see our terms and conditions here – https://ezebox.com.au/refund-delivery-policy/
EZEBOX Mobile Self Storage Agreement
- The Storer and the Facility Owner agree that the Agreement is entirely contained within this document, any quote and job confirmation sent to you. the Privacy Information Document, any Redelivery documentation and any Fee Schedule as updated from time to time.
- The Storer:
(a) has the right to store Goods in the mobile storage Space allocated by the Facility Owner
to the terms and conditions in this Agreement;
(b) is deemed to have knowledge of the Goods in the Space;
(c) warrants that they are the owner of the Goods in the Space and/or are entitled at law to deal with 16. the Goods in accordance with all aspects of this Agreement;
(d) has inspected the Space and Facility and is satisfied that the Space and Facility are adequate for
the intended use and suitable for storage of the Goods the Storer intends to store (including that it
may not be fitted with any fire proctection system).
- The Facility Owner:
(a) does not have, and will not be deemed to have, knowledge of the Goods;
(b) is not a bailee nor a warehouseman of the Goods and the Storer acknowledges that the Facility
Owner does not take possession of the Goods.
- The Storer must upon signing the Agreement pay to the Facility Owner:
(a) the Deposit (reasonable endeavours will be used to refund by cheque within 30 days of termination of this Agreement), and/or the Administration Fee.
5. The Storer is responsible to pay:
(a) the Storage Fee being the amount indicated in this Agreement or the amount notified to the Storer in writing by the Facility Owner from time to time. The Storage Fee is payable in advance and it is the Storer’s responsibility to see that payment is made directly to the Facility Owner, on time, in full, throughout the period of storage. The Facility Owner does not normally bill for fees. Any Fees paid by direct deposit/direct credit will not be credited to Storer’s account unless the Storer identifies the deposit clearly and as directed by the Facility Owner. The Facility Owner is indemnified from any claim for enforcement of the Agreement due to the Storer’s failure to identify a deposit, including the sale of Goods;.
(b) Delivery Fee, payable each time the Space is delivered or redelivered to the Storer;
(c) an Access Fee, payable when the Storer accesses the Space at the Facility;
(d) a Late Return Fee, payable each 24 hours or part thereof that the Storer retains the Space outside the defined Packing Period;
(e) the Cleaning fee, as indicated on the front on this Agreement, is payable at the Facility Owner’s discretion;
(f) a No Show Fee, where the Storer gives Access Notice and does not attend at the Facility allotted time;
(g) a Late Payment Fee, which becomes payable each time a payment is late; and
(h) any Costs or Expenses incurred by the Facility Owner in collecting late or unpaid Storage Fees, maintaining the Goods, selling the Goods, or in enforcing this Agreement in any way, including but not limited to postal, telephone, debt collection, and/or the default action (including legal costs on client/solicitor basis) costs.
- Change in Fees. Over time various factors (such as interest rates, inflation and the day to day operational cost of doing business) affect the profitability of a business. In order for the Operator to be able to continue to operate the business at a profitability level acceptable to the Operator, it may be necessary to increase some or all of its fees at various times after the first month of storage. The Operator may increase the Storage Fee, Processing Fee or Other Fee by giving You a minimum 14 days’ prior notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is reasonable for the Operator to make any such increases as part of the ordinary operation of its business.
- The Storer will be responsible for payment of any government taxes or charges (including any goods and services tax) being levied on this Agreement, or any supplies pursuant to this Agreement.
The Storer acknowledges that
(a) all time limits imposed on the Storer by the agreement must be complied with strictly;
(b) all goods in the Space are subject to a general lien for all Storage Fees and any other amounts owing to the Owner by the Storer. In the event of the Storage Fee not being paid in full within 90 days, the Owner may enter the Space, retain the Deposit and/or take possession of any goods in the Space and may, at the Owner’s sole discretion, do any one or more of the following:
(i) sell the goods by private arrangement or public auction to defray any unpaid Storage Fee, cleaning fee, late payment fee, or costs associated with collection of Fees and/or costs associated with disposal of the goods; and/or
(ii) dispose of the goods in any other manner, whether for value or not, as the Owner sees fit.
(c) If any money is recovered from the sale or disposal of goods, that money shall be used as follows:
(i) first, to pay the costs of and associated with the sale or disposal of the goods;
(ii) second, all Storage Fees and other fees owed to the Owner and any other costs incurred by the Owner in connection with re-entering the Space and selling or disposing of the goods;
iii. third, any excess will be sent to the Storer.
- If the Storer has more than one Space, any breach or default in regards to one Space will authorize the Facility Owner to enforce default action with regards to all the Storer’s Spaces, including but not limited to refusing the Storer access to the Spaces and/or Facility.
- The Space will not be Redelivered to the Storer unless all Fees, Costs and Expenses are paid in full.
ACCESS and CONDITIONS
- The Storer:
once the Space is at the Facility, has the right to access to the Space during Access Hours as posted by the Facility Owner and after giving Access Notice.
will be solely responsible for the securing of the Space and shall so secure the Space at all times
when the Storer is not in the Space in a manner which is acceptable to the Facility Owner, and where applicable will secure the external gates or doors of the premises;
must not store any Goods that are hazardous, illegal, stolen, inflammable, explosive, environmentally harmful, perishable or that are a risk to the property of any person, and will be liable, and will indemnify the Facility Owner, for any resulting damage, loss or destruction (see clause18 and 19);
d . must not store items which are irreplaceable, such as currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, curios, works of art and items of personal sentimental value;
- will use the Space solely for the purpose of storage and shall not carry on any business or other activity in the Space;
f. must not attach nails, screws etc to any part of the Space and must maintain the Space by ensuring it is clean and in a state of good repair and must not damage or alter the Space without the Facility Owner’s consent; in the event of uncleanliness of or damage to the Space or Facility the Facility Owner will be entitled to retain the Storer’s deposit, charge a Cleaning Fee, and/or full reimbursement from the Storer to the value of the repairs required.
- cannot assign this Agreement;
h. must give Notice to the Facility Owner in writing of the change of address or contact details of
the Storer or the
i. Alternate Contact Person within 48 hours of any change; grants the Facility Owner
entitlement to discuss any default by the Storer with the Alternate Contact Person registered on the front of this Agreement.
- The Facility Owner may refuse access to the Space by the Storer where moneys are owing by the Storer to the Facility Owner, whether or not a formal demand for payment of such moneys has been made.
- The Facility Owner reserves the right to relocate the Storer to another Space at the Facility Owner’s sole discretion without reference or explanation to the Storer under certain circumstances.
- No oral statements made by the Facility Owner or its employees shall form part of this Agreement,
and no failure or delay by the Facility Owner to exercise its rights under this Agreement will
operate to waiver those rights.
- The Storer must give the Facility Owner 48 hours Access Notice – All Access Requests are subject to availability.
- The Storer must give the Facility Owner Redelivery Notice. The Facility Owner need not comply with a request for Redelivery that gives less than the defined Redelivery Notice of seven (7) days. All Redelivery requests are subject to availability.
It is the responsibility of the Storer to pack the Space appropriately. Any damage, loss, deterioration or destruction caused to Goods during the movement of the Space is entirely the liability of the Storer.
- The Goods are stored at the sole risk and responsibility of the Storer who shall be responsible for any and all loss, theft, damage to, and deterioration of the Goods, and shall bear the risk of any and all damage caused by flood or fire or leakage or overflow of water, mildew, heat, spillage of material from any other space, removal or delivery of the Goods, pest or vermin or any other reason whatsoever including acts or omissions, negligent deliberate or otherwise, of the Facility Owner or persons under its control.
- The Storer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Facility Owner from all claims for any loss of or damage to the property of, or personal injury to, the Facility Owner or third parties resulting from or incidental to the use of the Space by the Storer, including the storage of Goods in the Space or resulting from the Space’s movement and/or location during or resulting from Delivery or Redelivery.
- The Storer acknowledges and agrees to comply with all relevant laws, including Acts and Ordinances, Regulations, By-laws, and Orders, as are or may be applicable to the use of the Space. This includes laws relating to the material which is stored, and the manner in which it is stored. The liability for any and all breach of such laws rests absolutely with the Storer, and includes any and all costs resulting from such a breach.
- In addition to any other remedies as may become available to it the Facility Owner may, if they have reason to believe that the Storer is not complying with all relevant laws, take any action the Facility Owner believes to be necessary, including the action outlined in clauses 22 & 24, contacting, cooperating with and/or submitting Goods to the relevant authorities, and/or immediately disposing of or removing the Goods at the Storer’s expense. The Storer agrees that the Facility Owner may take such action at any time even though the Facility Owner could have acted earlier.
- Subject to clause 22 the Storer consents to inspection and entry of the Space by the Facility Owner provided that the Facility Owner gives 5 days written Notice.
- In the event of an emergency, that is where property, the environment or human life is, in the opinion of the Facility Owner, threatened, the Facility Owner may enter the Space using all necessary force without the written consent of the Storer, but the Facility Owner shall notify the Storer as soon as practicable. The Storer consents to such entry.
- Notices will usually be given in writing delivered by email to the. In relation to the giving of Notices to the Facility Owner, Notices must actually be received to be valid. In the event of not being able to contact the Storer, Notice is deemed to have been given to the Storer by the Facility Owner if the Facility Owner serves that Notice on the Alternate Contact Person as identified on the front of this Agreement, or has sent Notices to the last notified email address of the Storer or Alternate Contact Person. In the event that there is more than one Storer, Notice to or by any single Storer is agreed to be sufficient for the purposes of any Notice requirement under this agreement
- Once the initial fixed period of storage has ended, either party may terminate this Agreement by giving the other party Notice as indicated on the front of this Agreement. In the event of illegal or environmentally harmful activities on the part of the Storer the Facility Owner may terminate the Agreement without Notice. The Facility Owner is entitled to retain a portion of the deposit if less than the requisite Notice is given by the Storer. Upon termination the Storer must remove all Goods in the Space and leave the Space in a clean condition and in a good state of repair to the satisfaction of the Facility Owner on the date specified. The Storer must pay any outstanding moneys and any expenses on default or other monies owed to the Facility Owner up to the date of termination, or clause 6 may apply. Any calculation of the outstanding fees will be by the Facility Owner and such calculation will be final. If the Facility Owner enters the Space for any reason and there are no Goods stored therein, the Facility Owner may terminate the Agreement without giving prior Notice, but the Facility Owner will send Notice to the Storer in writing within 7 days
- The Storer’s liability for outstanding monies, property damage, personal injury, environmental damage and legal responsibility under this Agreement continues to run beyond the termination of this Agreement.
- Goods left in the Space at the end of the Storage Period are deemed abandoned and will be destroyed or disposed of within 48 hours of the Space being vacated. The Storer may be charged a Cleaning Fee for this service.
Re-delivery terms and conditions
- Please note all re-delivery services are inclusive of 1 hours onsite time per Ezebox. If additional time is required, additional charges apply. Charged in 1/4hr increments at the following rates. Eze-unload: $199/hr. Self unload: $149/hr.
- Please note all re-delivery services are inclusive of 1 hours travel time, (1/2hr each way). If additional travel time is required, additional charges apply. Charged in 1/4hr increments at the following rates. Eze-unload: $199/hr. Self unload: $149/hr.
- Should you wish to cancel or reschedule your service for any reason, please see our terms and conditions here – https://ezebox.com.au/refund-delivery-policy/
If you would like any further information regarding how your Personal Information is handled please contact a EZEBOX representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 39-32-69